Are you a student looking for an exciting opportunity that is full of meaningful, diverse, and ambitious assignments working alongside industry leading professionals?
Join Canadian Natural, where we strive to provide opportunities based on your abilities, helping you to contribute in a meaningful way and apply your academic experience to challenging and rewarding projects!
The Crude Oil Marketing Student position will provide you with an opportunity to work alongside experienced and talented professionals and take part in interesting and challenging work assignments. Our company culture fosters a fun working environment, development of meaningful relationships and continuous learning.
• Term length: 4-12 months
• Term start: January 2024
• Job location: Calgary, AB – Head Office
• Shift schedule: 5d2x/8 HR (Mon – Fri)
• Update supply/demand models to support marketing decisions
• Track daily commodity prices, pipeline flows, inventory levels and other macro/micro variables
• Generate daily/weekly pricing and commodity commentary reports to help guide marketing decisions and strategy
• Research and generate analysis on oil sands production trends, commodity differentials, diluent supply, refinery outages etc.
• Assist in the creation of advanced PowerPoint presentation for internal and external parties
• Support commercial efforts through excel modelling and evaluation of commercial opportunities
• Support ad hoc requests and analysis as required
What You Bring to The Role:
• Currently enrolled in your 2nd or 3rd year degree program in Engineering, Accounting, Finance or Business.
• Previous Oil & Gas marketing experience will be considered an asset
• Expertise using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Knowledge of Power BI, Access or other SQL platforms is considered an asset
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
• Ability to track and follow through on tasks
Check out our Compensation & Benefits overview to see what we have to offer!
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Paid time off during Christmas week and summer Fridays in July and August
• Multiple volunteer opportunities within the community
• Students may be eligible for relocation assistance pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Student Relocation Policy. Students will be responsible for finding their own accommodations during the work term.
• Opportunities to partake in initiatives such as the Intern Social Committee
• Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume, cover letter (optional) and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application.
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural operates one of the largest Campus Recruitment programs in the country hiring just over 400 students every year. Students hired on with us are made to feel a part of the team, gaining high level experience, knowledge, and training that introduce and prepare you for full-time employment.
Many of our co-op students are successfully hired for permanent positions upon graduation. Our structured new grad developmental programs exemplify our mandate to develop and advance our people. We are proud to share that Canadian Natural has been ranked as a Top Employer for 2023 by Canada’s Future Workforce.
We commenced business in 1989 with a handful of employees and modest production, but today we employ more than 10,000 people and produce over 1 million BOE/d.\
Culture of Innovation:
As a leading investor in R&D, we are in a unique position to find innovative ways to continuously improve our business and enhance environmental practices. This approach is key to ensuring a sustainable future and responsible energy production.
Social responsibility is a critical element of our commitment to responsible operations and part of our success and pride as a Company. We are committed to investing in the communities where we live and work, creating shared value along the way.
Compensation and Benefits:
We strive to share Company success with all employees through a comprehensive total compensation package.
Our People, Our Stories:
Our stories demonstrate the strong culture that exists at Canadian Natural – one that focuses on developing people, working together and doing it right, with fun and integrity.
Check out some of our Student Testimonials!
All candidates applying to Canadian Natural must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This posting will close once a successful candidate has been selected.