The secret act of healthy marriage
The ACT OF MARRIAGE simply implies the Laws governing the marriage institution. Just like every other human endeavor, marriage has principles that must be observed for optimum success.
We are going to deal with some of the principles, and hope that the wise would become wiser and thus by extension broaden their knowledge on the rules not mentioned through their intelligent quotient.
The following are some of the marriage principles that should be observed no matter how insignificant some of them might look:
1. Traditional or Sacramental Marriage has made the couple an inseparable duo, therefore none of them should see the other as “That Person”.
2. The spouses should see themselves as ‘the most handsome and most beautiful couple’ around.
3. Always strive to return home as soon as the birds start retiring to their roosts, for your better- half needs a companion at sunset — that companion must never be another person but you.
4. Where she is weak he should be her strength, and when he is blind she should provide the sight.
5. And never use your sexuality or sex as an instrument of punishment against your spouse — you might be courting promiscuity. Avoid it, please!
*Culled from Chapter 1 of MAKING YOUR MARRIAGE WORK ~ “AM I RIPE FOR MARRIAGE?”